Pinnacle
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Application - Mage

3 posters

Go down

Application - Mage Empty Application - Mage

Post by Carlife Fri Aug 15, 2008 11:43 pm

Hello! This is Scott Yun, player of mage 'Carlife'. Currently playing as Frost main spec, but have some gears for Fire or arcane spec.

My current spec is 0/0/61, spending full points on frost. To be honest im not very well pve geared. Sitting on 976spell dmg, 71hit rating, 19.69%crit rating unbuffed. By sacrificing some spell dmg, i might be able to get more hit rating. According to recount(i check every time when i finsh any runs), my frostbolt crits around 35%~42% with party buffs(without any pots). and average dps is around 850~900. Never speced full fire, because i normally pvp more than pve, but now im more interested in pve, trying to get geared up. Got spellfire set for arc/fire spec. (gems are mostly +crit rate, and bit of spell dmg)

About my raiding exp... to be honest, never done any raids beyond Mags... Done kara and gruuls heaps(done mage tanking heaps too), done ZA/Mags.. But for ZA only done first 4 bosses. Couldn't get good pugs to clear 5th and 6th boss.. I've read some SSC&TK strats, and seen some start clips preparing for my future raids...(actually was wishing to find SSC&TK pug..) Read and seen some BT/Hyjal clips and strats for fun. So, i am pretty much ready for SSC&TK(of course will need to experiance few times to get really ready, but "theoretically"), but not ready for BT/Hyjal. and i don't think my gears meet minimum requirements for BT/Hyjal.

My current guild is called 'Carpe Diem'. Got no guild members, me and my in real life friend Mareshal made this guild to grind heroics with pplz and raid if we get enough people. However we couldn't get enough people for anything, so we are just running our guild to use Gulid bank. So there will be no problem leaving the guild. Reason for applying on this guild is... cuz i want to experience some more raiding features before wotlk, and had good impression on this guild(saw heaps of nice pplz when running heroics and etc =]

I am in Australia, Brisbane which is GMT +10. i usually play from 3am server time till around 8~9am server time. depends on the day too. And currently im in highschool year 12. when i have big exams i won't be able to play for week or two. or when i have some big assessments. I will be able to tell if i can attend or not, if i get told week before the raid.

I respec heaps to find good spec, and to find fun spec. So unless i run out of gold, i will have no problem respecing anytime.

I do have some alts on this server. I have one lvl 67 shammy, and rest of alts are lvl 30below. I am leveling my shammy as Resto right now. Was going to speed level the shammy and make epic healer, but somehow i wanted to get my mage pve geared.

Fyi.. My mage has no Teir gears. well i did have few T4s, but i threw them away cuz most of my gears now im using is better than those. List of my gears(pve gears) are...
Head : S3
Neck: Guardian's Pendent of conquest
Shoulder: Using Fel-tinged Mantle atm, but S2 shoulder has better options.
Cape: shadow-cloak of Dalaran
Chest: Scarlet Sin'dorei Robes
Wrist: Vindicator Sink Cuffs
Hand: S3
Waist: Belt of Blasting
Leggings: S3
Boots: Boots of Incantations
Ring1: Seer's Signet
Ring2: Vindicator's Band of Dominance
Trinket1: Darkmoon Card: Wrath
Trinket2: Icon of the Silver Crescent
Weapon: Nathrezim Mindblade
Offhand: Sapphiron's Wing bone
Wand: The Black Stalk

Some gears are really old, and planning to get S2 dagger to replace Nathrezim mindblade soon. Many people told my that my gears aren't good for pve, and i partially agree. Lack of spell hit rating is critical for raids. I am willing to improve, and i would love to learn 'raiding' from you guys. =]

Thank you for reading my application. bit long, but not sure if i wrote all the informations you guys want to know. if any more information is needed, please ask and I'm always ready to answer.

Oops almost missed Question9. My nationality is Korea. Some people ask which part, and of course South Korea. =] I might need some help to improve my english too... hehe Thank you for reading again, and have a good Weekend! Cool

Carlife

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2008-08-15

Back to top Go down

Application - Mage Empty Re: Application - Mage

Post by Landjuice Sat Aug 16, 2008 1:28 am

Hi there!

Thanks for putting in so much effort in your application, really appreciated it. =) However our mages are completely full at the moment, but we seriously need restoration shaman.

May I know if you would consider using your restoration shaman for raiding instead?

Landjuice
Admin

Number of posts : 440
Registration date : 2008-01-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Carlife Sat Aug 16, 2008 1:43 am

aww.. /cry
my shammy is not 70 yet, won't take long tym to hit 70, but will take ages to gear up, but if the guild needs shammy, im happy to join =]

Carlife

Back to top Go down

Post by Landjuice Sat Aug 16, 2008 2:21 am

Hehe sorry about that Razz Mages are the most populated class in our guild right now Razz

May I know how often are you able to raid with us btw? =)

Landjuice
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Carlife Sat Aug 16, 2008 2:53 am

im pretty much available every day, unless i got huge assignment due, or exams.. i will be able to tell you when i will be unavailable in week or two advance. and after september 13, i am free everyday xD

Carlife

Back to top Go down

Post by Landjuice Sat Aug 16, 2008 3:02 am

May I know the name of your shaman? Would add to my friend list.

Landjuice
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Carlife Sat Aug 16, 2008 9:46 am

Sure, its 'Musiclife'. She(i am male, but its female toon) is in same guild as Carlife, so can leave anytime.

Carlife

Back to top Go down

Post by Haloangel Sun Aug 17, 2008 1:35 pm

Applicant is being followed up in game now.
Haloangel
Haloangel

Number of posts : 166

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down